Head of Finance
Accounting & Finance
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Saturday, May 27, 2023
Sesame is the home for Americans who have been priced out of the traditional healthcare system. Whether they are uninsured or burdened by high-deductible insurance, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the healthcare they need at a fraction of the typical price.
Customers on our platform love that they can get high-quality care quickly and easily for a fair price. We’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and financial challenges of the current healthcare system.
We have raised $75 million in capital from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, and Industry Ventures, and we continue to invest in scaling our marketplace! To this end, we are seeking a highly experienced and strategic Head of Finance to lead our finance and operations teams and support the ambitious growth plans we have!
About the Role
The Head of Finance will partner with the CEO and executive leadership team to drive the company's financial strategy and operational excellence. This role requires an individual who is not only highly analytical and strategic but also able to communicate financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Own all aspects of finance operations, including financial reporting, forecasting, planning, budgeting, financial analysis and cash management
- Maintain financial KPIs and provide timely and accurate reporting of financial information to internal and external stakeholders
- Improve cross-team processes through organizational design and process optimization
- Partner with the C-suite to drive financial decision-making around cost and growth
- Support corporate finance activities, including venture capital fundraising, in partnership with the CEO
- Oversee AR/AP cycles with external partners and customers
What we are looking for
- 10+ years of experience in a finance and/or operational function
- Strong financial reporting, financial processes, and key metrics ownership in multi-faceted businesses
- Highly analytical with a process and solution-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence at multiple levels within an organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- A fun and international work environment with teams in the US and Europe
- The opportunity to work independently and remotely
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world!
Equal opportunity employer
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.