Ogden, UT, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
Did you know we also have amazing benefits? We wrote this list with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us…
- 20 days paid vacation
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 8 paid holidays
- Parental leave (Bonding) policy (available after 1 year if service) 20 weeks paid
- Healthcare is available the first day you start- no waiting period!
- 100% paid medical, vision & dental coverage for employee
- 100% paid vision & dental coverage for employee’s spouse and family
- Ability to participate in the long-term incentive plan
- Genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed
We are looking for an Oatbase Operator to join our team. This role will be responsible for safely operating all plant processing equipment and verifying quality test results to ensure all products meet specific quality standards. This person is responsible for understanding and executing standard operation procedures.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Operating manufacturing equipment for production of food grade oatbase, including daily maintenance and problem solving
- Operating HMI System(s)
- Anticipate needs before they arise, while keeping focus on deliverables and what is needed for timely success
- Think systematically to help ensure everything makes sense and is in lock-step
- Naturally prioritize and integrate complex inputs
- Together with coworkers and global organization build up, maintain, and further develop the quality system and HACCP work at site
- Comply with GMPs, PPE, sanitation procedures, general housekeeping and safety practices and procedures
- Utilize process data, trend analysis and training to monitor, troubleshoot and respond to process conditions to optimize the Plant operations
- Collect and test samples on different stages of the process and act based on the results when required
- Maintain a clean facility and follow the sanitation schedule
- Other duties as assigned
Here are the things we think you need:
- Must be 18 years or older with the ability to read, write and speak English specific to work instructions including but not limited to safety purposes
- High school, GED, or equivalent diploma required
- Two + years previous experience
- Knowledge of statistical calculations and applications
- Basic HACCP Knowledge
- Excellent organization skills and abilities to make decisions on quality issues
- Ability to work in cold and hot environments (approximately 38F-80F degrees)
- Ability to be mobile in accomplishing tasks and or moving from one worksite to another
- Ability to walk for extended periods of time (8-12 Hours); ability to bend and to lift heavy materials (up to 50 lbs.)
- Ability to repeat motions that may include use of the wrists, hands and/or fingers, and standing or sitting for prolonged periods (average 8-12 hours)
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
Oatly is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
See more open positions at Oatly
Something looks off?