Regional Sales Manager: Foodservice - Northeast
Regional Sales Manager: Foodservice - Northeast
Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oatmilk company that started in Sweden back 25 or so years ago and has since expanded to the U.S. where we’ve continued growing at a rate such that we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oatmilk flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then maybe you’d like work for Oatly, too. Now onto the formal stuff.
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager, Foodservice – Northeast, to join our team. This role will be responsible for managing the foodservice business in the Northeastern US (VA,MD,PA,RI,DE,NJ,NY, Greater New England market) and carrying themselves with enthusiasm and passion for Oatly’s purpose, mission, and values. Reporting to the Senior Director of Foodservice - East, the position exists to drive sales, build market share, and increase brand awareness while driving sales with key regional restaurant chain accounts, distributors and managing broker representatives within the geographically assigned market.
Qualified candidates should reside in the Northeast to mid-Atlantic regions of the United States.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Partner with the manager, peers, and broker network to implement the foodservice sales strategy for the Northeast, across multiple categories
- Build strong and credible relationships with your key accounts, operators, brokers, and distributors
- Responsible for planning and executing a sales strategy to gain new placements of the Oatly portfolio and successfully sell in future innovation in targeted accounts
- Effectively manage distributor and operator programs within stated guidelines
- Build out territory distribution, customer forecasts, and also be an engaged participant in Oatly’s customer planning process.
- Use a fact-based selling approach
- Deliver and execute sales presentations
- Work closely with brokers to execute goals that you create, while effectively managing your own sales pipeline
- Attend and manage regional trade shows with counterparts and event manager
Here are the things we think you need:
- 5+ years in foodservice sales or sales management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in practical experience
- Clear understanding of go-to-market strategies within the greater foodservice channel
- Prior experience calling on multi-unit chain restaurants, C&U, Corporate Campuses, or operators on East Coast
- Comfortability with prospecting, cold calling, and managing sales pipelines
- Reside in the Northeast to mid–Atlantic region
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office & Microsoft Teams
- Have an open mind and be excited to do things differently when the opportunity presents itself
- Problem-solving skills and desire to bring creative solutions to business opportunities
- Passion for relationship building across teams as well as cross-functionally.
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Motivated, enthusiastic, and positive even during stressful times (we love what we do, but not every day is a walk in the park)
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively, while thriving in a remote environment
- Willing to travel 50% once restrictions are lifted
And here’s another list of qualities we think make a good Oatly team member:
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality.
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit in that you’re comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing flexible vacation for starters, really great benefits, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best non-dairy alternative in the world for your enjoyment.
The salary for this role will be based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to geographic location, internal equity, experience, education, specialty, and training. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. Compensation may also include bonus, commission, or equity as applicable. For the state of New York, our good faith estimate range will be $105,000 - $125,000.
Our team is available to support you through the hiring process with reasonable accommodations to enable a barrier-free interview experience. We will maintain candidate privacy and confidentiality to enable an unbiased and equitable experience. If you need assistance applying for a role due to a disability or special need, please contact email@example.com.
Oatly is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.