Director of Sales Strategy & Planning
Magic Spoon reimagines your favorite childhood breakfast into a high-protein, grown up cereal to power your days. Since launching in 2019, we've become one of the fastest growing DTC brands, Forbes called us "the future of cereal", TIME Magazine named us in their Top 100 inventions, and we’ve launched in cereal aisles nationwide in Target, Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons, & more.
Now we're looking for a cereal-loving sales planning and strategy expert to lead sales strategy/planning and customer marketing for Magic Spoon Products. A great candidate will have a deep knowledge of trade planning, shopper marketing, customer P&Ls, syndicated scan data (IRi, Nielsen or Spins) and the CPG sales process. The candidate will also have a strong understanding and experience in building and leading the S&OP process, supporting order vetting, supporting financial closes, leading PPA and leading the annual planning process. The candidate will have the ability to think at both a strategic long term level as well as willing to get her/his hands dirty doing the work. The candidate will possess strong EQ and have a track record of hiring, and developing large multi-level teams.
This is a full time, in-person/hybrid role (3 days in office p/w on average) based in Tribeca, NYC. This role will report into our Head of Sales.
As our Director of Sales Strategy & Planning, you'll:
- Develop price / promo and slotting plans for all customers and product lines, optimizing for profitable growth.
- Lead long term strategic forecasting of gross through net sales in support of annual budget development.
- Own consumption data analysis to track, measure and optimize marketing and trade activities.
- Support sales team through development of data backed selling slides to increase distribution.
- Support S&OP process through maintaining TPM tool or spread sheets.
- Represent the Magic Spoon mission, culture, and values to both internal and external parties
- 6+ years of experience working in trade marketing, category management or sales with direct ownership of a trade budget.
- Deep understanding of trade spending’s impact on velocity, distribution, customer margin and internal margin is required.
- Knowledge of the natural and grocery retail landscape, CPG selling process and experience working with sales teams and brokers.
- Mastery of syndicated consumption data systems and analysis of consumption data.
- Experience working with trade promotion management systems.
- Strong understanding of shopper marketing platforms and evaluation of marketing activations inclusive of demos.
- Strong understanding of cross functional innovation stage-gate processes.
- First-class Microsoft Excel knowledge, written communication and interpersonal skills
What we value:
Hold on to the Dream 💫 Adult life shouldn’t be boring, prioritize your work/life balance, we can build a world-class company and have fun doing it
Don’t miss the bowl for the loops 🙌 We’re all working towards the same big goals, prioritize collaboration over ego, politics, or possessiveness
Be a Fruit Loop in a world of Cheerios 🌈 Bring your whole, unique self to work, celebrate and care for everyone
Pour your own milk…and don’t be afraid to spill a little 🥛 We trust you, use your best judgment to make decisions. Mistakes are inevitable, let’s learn from them!
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% covered Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Catered lunch in office 2x a week & monthly Team Dinners
- Unlimited cereal ✨🥣
Magic Spoon is committed to building a company that not only represents, but includes, individuals across different backgrounds and perspectives. Everyone deserves an equal seat at the breakfast table.
Magic Spoon intends to offer competitive base pay within the stated range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, and qualifications. To further compensate and recognize our employees for their work, our total compensation package includes equity and a robust benefits package. The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $160,000 - $180,000.