Head of Growth
Magic Spoon reimagines your favorite childhood breakfast into a high-protein, grown up cereal to power your days. Since launching in 2019, we've become one of the fastest growing DTC brands, Forbes called us "the future of cereal", TIME Magazine named us in their Top 100 inventions, and we’ve launched in cereal aisles nationwide in Target, Walmart, Kroger, Albertsons, & more.
We’re looking for a world-class Head of Growth to lead our growth marketing efforts end to end across acquisition, retention and web channels. You’ll set the strategy to drive our online marketing performance, explore ways to support our high growth retail business through paid channels, and coach a stellar team of growth marketers to achieve incredible results. This role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer. This is an in-person/hybrid position based in NYC.
As our Head of Growth, you’ll:
- Oversee Growth Marketing channels including paid media, lifecycle/retention, influencer, affiliate, and more - setting strategy and orchestrating the day to day tactical operations across the team
- Direct a sustainable and scalable growth engine, driving Magic Spoon’s online business while staying within efficiency guardrails
- Drive our retention and subscription efforts, building strong cohorts and maximizing LTV
- Oversee our core online sales channels across DTC (MagicSpoon.com) and Amazon, managing in-house team and agency partners to drive smooth operations and leading web/CRO strategy and experimentation to advance business goals
- Collaborate closely with Creative, Brand, Operations, and Retail teams to ensure successful execution of marketing campaigns and launches
- Partner closely with Finance & Commercial leadership to develop deep understanding of attribution and performance in service of our revenue and ROAS goals, including understanding impact of media spend on omnichannel revenue growth
- Foster a culture of rapid experimentation, creativity and staying on the forefront of growth innovation through identifying, testing and scaling new channels, media formats, web experiences, and marketing approaches
- Serve as a member of company leadership team, ensuring Growth Marketing is well represented within cross functional strategic decisions
- Lead a best-in-class Growth Marketing team of 6
- 8+ years of DTC/e-commerce full stack growth marketing experience, across acquisition, retention, and web/CRO
- Deep understanding of Shopify
- Experience managing 7-figure monthly paid media budgets across multiple channels (FB, IG, Tiktok, influencer, TV etc)
- Experience managing growth marketing agencies, holding them accountable to stellar results
- Strong analytical skills, able to drive robust data-driven experimentation and distill numbers into decisions and digestible updates for executive leadership
- 4+ years management experience and 1+ years experience in managing teams over 4 people
- Strong project management skills, comfortable leading and executing cross functional initiatives
- A love of all things food, fitness, wellness, and startups
What we value:
Hold on to the Dream 💫 Adult life shouldn’t be boring, prioritize your work/life balance, we can build a world-class company and have fun doing it
Don’t miss the bowl for the loops 🙌 We’re all working towards the same big goals, prioritize collaboration over ego, politics, or possessiveness
Be a Fruit Loop in a world of Cheerios 🌈 Bring your whole, unique self to work, celebrate and care for everyone
Pour your own milk…and don’t be afraid to spill a little🥛 We trust you, use your best judgment to make decisions. Mistakes are inevitable, let’s learn from them!
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% covered Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Flexible vacation
- Catered lunch in office 2x a week & monthly Team Dinners
- Unlimited cereal ✨🥣
Magic Spoon intends to offer competitive base pay within the stated range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, and qualifications. To further compensate and recognize our employees for their work, our total compensation package includes equity and a robust benefits package. The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $195,000 - $225,000.