Lead Product Manager - Mobile
Remote · New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Sesame is the home for Americans who have been priced out of the traditional healthcare system. Whether they are uninsured or burdened by high-deductible insurance, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the healthcare they need at a fraction of the typical price.
Customers on our platform love that they can get high-quality care quickly and easily for a fair price. We’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and financial challenges of the current healthcare system.
We have raised $75 million in capital from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, and Industry Ventures, and we continue to invest in scaling our marketplace! As we continue to grow, we need to elevate our design function in the organization and we’re excited to welcome a Head of Product Design to lead the charge on creating a seamless, engaging user experience, and a world-class design function to match.
About the Role
As the Lead Mobile Product Manager at Sesame, you will play a pivotal role in crafting mission-critical experiences for both consumers and healthcare providers via native apps. Under the guidance of the Chief Product Officer, you will lead the inception and development of native applications for both Android and iOS platforms. Beyond this, you will stand as a key figure in shaping our product strategy, procedures, and day-to-day operations.
You will be responsible for collaborating with key stakeholders, defining the complete app strategy, and actualizing Sesame's potential by integrating Sesame's successful marketplace and membership benefits into a native mobile context. Your goal will be to leverage the inherent strengths of native mobile apps to surpass the engagement and retention levels of our web experience, ultimately establishing it as Sesame's default experience. You will work closely with design, engineering, marketing and our provider team on building Sesame for its next phase of growth.
- Develop and articulate a compelling vision, strategy, and a prioritized mobile roadmap, in close collaboration with your core team and business partners
- Lead a product development team with cross-functional partners to deliver on your vision and user / business outcomes
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships, particularly with design, engineering, and marketing
- Own and drive product quality and outcomes
- Integrate user insights into strategy formulation, prioritization, and practical execution
- Serve as our go-to thought leader on the mobile app experience
What we are looking for
- 7+ years of experience as a Product Manager working on released and iteratively improved products
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Proven project management proficiency with a history of leading cross-functional teams
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capability to present ideas coherently and collaborate efficiently
- A drive to excel in a dynamic environment and a passion for improving lives through healthcare
- Unwavering attention to detail
What we offer
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity.
- Generous, flexible vacation policy.
- A fun and international work environment with teams in the US and Europe.
- The opportunity to work independently and remotely.
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world.
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.