Senior Frontend Engineer
United States · Remote
Posted on Saturday, October 22, 2022
Sesame is the home for Americans who have been priced out of the traditional healthcare system. Whether they are uninsured or burdened by high-deductible insurance, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the healthcare they need at a fraction of the typical price.
Customers on our platform love that they can get high-quality care quickly and easily for a fair price. We’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and financial challenges of the current healthcare system.
We have raised $75 million in capital from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, and Industry Ventures, and we continue to invest in scaling our marketplace!
Engineering at Sesame
Sesame Engineering is making a difference in people's lives by leveraging great tech to build a new kind of healthcare marketplace focusing on the patient's experience and the doctor's independence.
Want to help? We are looking for an experienced frontend engineer to join one of our excellent cross-functional teams. We have a lot of exciting work ahead to give our customers the healthcare access everyone deserves.
Our FE stack includes:
- GraphQL (URQL/Apollo)
Among our testing go-tos are:
- React Testing Library
We work cross functionally and closely with team members from design, product, and backend, and maintain and extend a custom design system and component library organized in Storybook.
The frontend team also maintains our GraphQL API gateway.
On the backend we primarily use Java microservices.
Traits we look for:
- Comfortable with the front-end portion our tech stack.
- You seek and prefer simple solutions to complex problems.
- You strive to write clean, quality code and enjoy doing it.
- You maintain a healthy balance between perfectionism and actually getting stuff done.
- You have experience with the technologies we currently use or a strong interest in them and the curiosity to learn new languages and frameworks.
- You are excited by opportunities to own impactful projects and help us continuously improve as a team.
- You are a strong team player and enjoy collaborating with others.
- You are attuned to the fundamentals of user design and user experience for a consumer product.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience.
Working with us means you will be challenged (in the good way) every day by our customers, our partners, and your peers. You can be yourself, speak freely, be trusted and respected. We are an organization that values respectful candor and believe that product-defining ideas can come from anywhere.
We also offer:
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity.
- Generous, flexible vacation policy.
- A fun and international work environment with teams in the US and Europe.
- The opportunity to work independently and remotely.
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world.
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See more open positions at Sesame
Something looks off?