Hello potential future Oatly employee. It’s us, the original oat drink company that started in Sweden nearly 30 years ago and we need more brilliant minds to come work with us to keep the momentum going and the oat drink flowing.
Sustainability, health, and transparency are the core values that guide everything we do. Basically, we exist to make it easy for people to eat better and live healthier lives without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. If any of this resonates with you, then you should read on.
We are looking for a Site Director four our production facility in Vlissingen, the Netherlands.
As Site Director you lead and develop one of Oatly's most intriguing and impactful facilities: Oatly Vlissingen. Built as the first Oatly hybrid factory in 2019, this cheerful factory hosts a highly engaged team of 45 people and plays a key role in the supply of global oat drinks demand.
In this role you ensure delivery on factory objectives together with the team, guaranteeing people safety, food safety and all factory operations. You have a central key position, collaborating with your local team, manufacturing partner AMC, the Sustainable Operations leadership team en the rest of the global Oatly network.
Here are the things we want to hire you to do:
- Formulate and execute the strategic plans for the Vlissingen facility, following up yearly, setting goals and plans.
- As part of the Sustainable Operations leadership team, set and implement high level strategies and objectives.
- Deliver on the realisation of the Site Master Plan and related CAPEX projects.
- Budget responsible for the Vlissingen facility and CAPEX.
- Build trust and sound relationships, specifically within the Vlissingen team, the global SO network and AMC.
- Coach and develop people in the team to their next career steps within Oatly.
- Foster a strong psychological safe environment, with respect to the values based Oatly culture.
- Continuously strive for and implement sustainable improvements within health & safety, environment, quality, maintenance, delivery and cost.
- Set structures for an efficient production organization and continuous improvement.
- Accountable for the site’s audit results, including BRC and other customer audits.
That's a lot. And we're sure we've missed some things along the way.
Who You Are
To be successful in this role you will have had a leading role in the food or FMCG manufacturing industry. Ideally, you have some years under your belt as a Site Director, but could also have gained experience through similar leading roles like OPEX Manager, Engineering Manager or Production Manager. You are an expert communicator across all levels of the organization and can seemlessly transition between supporting process operators on the lines and having high level strategical discussions with executive management.
Furthermore, we hope to see that you check the following boxes:
- MSc or bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- Strong engineering background.
- 5+ years of experience of working with continuous improvement methodologies, preferably TPM.
- Background in Food Safety, Health, Environment and Quality.
- Strong values driven leadership with a strong focus on both people and performance.
- Able to set structure and processes in a fast growing, dynamic environment and being able to lead in ambiguity.
- Able to build trust and strong relationships and having awareness for cultural differences in communication.
- Strong problem solving capabilities with an organized and structured approach.
- Collaborative and transparent, valuing and contributing to the exchange of experience and progress between sites.
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us: 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), an awesome brand new office (with an amazing espresso machine for your daily cappoatccinos), a Oatly stock plan, cost free pension plan, bike plan, vitality allowance, tools to maintain mental and psychical wellbeing and many more.
We value diversity and inclusion and welcome people from all backgrounds who see sustainability and health as important values. This means we treat all candidates equally: If you are interested, please apply through our application system.