Magic Spoon reimagines your favorite childhood breakfast cereals with high-protein, low-carb, and of course, delicious flavors. Since launching in April 2019, we've quickly become one of the fastest growing DTC brands. Now, we’re launching in cereal aisles at Target, Walmart, Kroger, and many more retail stores all across the country! Forbes called us "the future of cereal", and TIME Magazine has named us in their Top 100 inventions.
The Senior Accountant, with 3-5 years experience, will ensure the company's financial health, accuracy, and compliance, while providing strategic financial guidance to support the company's growth and success. This person will play a critical role in managing and overseeing the financial operations, driving cost efficiencies, and optimizing financial performance.
This is a full time, in-person/hybrid role (3 days in office p/w on average) based in Tribeca, NYC.
As Senior Accountant, you'll:
- Manage and oversee day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and general ledger activities
- Prepare and review accurate and timely financial statements, ensuring compliance with accounting standards
- Monitor budget performance, investigate variances, and provide insightful analysis
- Coordinate with external auditors for annual financial audits
- Manage fractional/external accounting firm
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reporting
- Collaborate internally with the Finance team, as well with cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3-5 years of accounting experience
- Experience with CPG / retail
- Bonus experience working within a start up environment, used to wearing many hats
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and financial reporting standards
- Proficiency in accounting software and advanced Excel skills
- Familiarity with ERP systems, specifically Microsoft Dynamics Business Central is a plus
- Familiarity with Shopify POS
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Organized, detail-orientated and proactive team member
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail coupled with an ability to see a bigger picture
What we value:
Hold on to the Dream 💫 Adult life shouldn’t be boring, prioritize your work/life balance, we can build a world-class company and have fun doing it
Don’t miss the bowl for the loops 🙌 We’re all working towards the same big goals, prioritize collaboration over ego, politics, or possessiveness
Be a Fruit Loop in a world of Cheerios 🌈 Bring your whole, unique self to work, celebrate and care for everyone
Pour your own milk…and don’t be afraid to spill a little 🥛 We trust you, use your best judgment to make decisions. Mistakes are inevitable, let’s learn from them!
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% covered Health, Vision, Dental insurance
- Generous parental leave
- Unlimited vacation
- Catered lunch in office 2x a week & monthly Team Dinners
- Unlimited cereal ✨🥣
Magic Spoon is committed to building a company that not only represents, but includes, individuals across different backgrounds and perspectives. Everyone deserves an equal seat at the breakfast table.
Magic Spoon intends to offer competitive base pay within the stated range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, skills, and qualifications. To further compensate and recognize our employees for their work, our total compensation package includes equity and a robust benefits package. The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $90,000 - $120,000.